Social Media Live Feed
Be Efficient at WFES
Download a copy of WFES Printable Itineraries and start planning the forum sessions you want to attend, exhibitors and innovations you want to see and all the exciting features to explore!
Fast Track Access
Register online before heading to WFES and upload your documents to skip the lines. Print your WFES badges directly at WFES touch screens.
WFES Venue Map
Explore the exhibition venue, discover the registration points, bus and taxi drop offs and more...
Your Free Service to Facilitate Business Meetings
Sustainability Business Connect, an exclusive business networking platform, provides a variety of highly targeted networking opportunities for visitors, exhibitors and buyers. Over 10,000 meetings were facilitated in 2018. Find the right match, plan your meetings ahead of time and increase your ROI.
The Future Sustainability Summit
January 15 - Future Hall
January 16 - Future Hall
What is Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week?
WFES is part of the largest sustainability gathering in the Middle East, Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW). ADSW is dedicated to furthering our understanding of the major social, economic and environmental trends shaping the world’s sustainable development, and to empowering the global community to realise viable and effective strategies to mitigate climate change. To seriously address the global energy challenge, the relationships between economic development, poverty eradication, energy security, water scarcity and climate change cannot be overlooked.
Other ADSW events include:
ADSW Opening Ceremony
The ofﬁcial ADSW Opening Ceremony initiates four days of discussion and collaboration between policymakers, investors and thought leaders. It also recognises ground-breaking achievements in sustainability with the Zayed Future Energy Award, a prize which has impacted 200 million people globally by giving them access to clean energy, safe water and food.
Highlights of the 2018 ADSW Opening Ceremony:
- The theme was the “Butterfly Effect”, to illustrate that the smallest actions, when taken together, can have a significant positive impact.
- Keynote speech was delivered by His Excellency Doctor Sultan Al Jaber, Chairman at Masdar.
- Becky Anderson, CNN’s highest profile anchor, moderated the event.
- Special participation of Professor Stephen Hawking.
- Key speakers included Fatima Al Kaabi, the UAE’s youngest inventor.
For more information, please visit https://abudhabisustainabilityweek.com/
Zayed Sustainability Prize
The Zayed Sustainability Prize (former Zayed Future Energy Prize) is a tribute to the legacy of the late founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – a visionary champion of environmental stewardship and global sustainability. This annual award celebrates achievements that are driving impact, innovation and inspiration across five distinct categories: Health, Food, Energy, Water and Global High Schools.
In addition to the global recognition that comes with being a winner of the Prize, each category has a Prize fund of US$600,000. For the winner, this is an injection of funding that may well be the difference in turning an innovative yet small-scale project into a world-changing solution.
The Awards Ceremony will take place on January 14, 2019 in the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre as part of the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week.
For more information regarding submitting an entry to the Prize, go to www.ZayedSustainabilityPrize.com
Rain Enhancement Awards
The UAE Research Program for Rain Enhancement Science aims to help tackle the challenge of global water stress by encouraging innovative solutions needed to aid people at risk around the world. Three researchers from the USA, China and Russia, respectively were named as awardees of the US $5 million grant offered by the program.
Meet the 2018 grant recipients:
- Professor Eric Frew, of the University of Colorado, for his project dealing with targeted observation and seeding using autonomous unmanned aircraft systems.
- Doctor Lulin Xue, of the Hua Xin Chuang Zhi Science and Technology LLC in China, for a project entitled “Using Advanced Experimental - Numerical Approaches to Untangle Rain Enhancement (UAE-NATURE)”.
- Doctor Ali Abshaev, of the Hail Suppression Research Center in Russia, for a project examining the creation of updrafts for the formation of artificial clouds and rainfall.
For more information about the award, visit http://www.uaerep.ae/